Today we are sharing the top five things you need to do after you get engaged. Let’s dive right in!
- Celebrate. It is so exciting to get right into wedding planning, but take a second.. actually a few weeks or months to enjoy it! There is nothing like sharing that excitement with your future spouse. And even more fun to share it with the world!
- Decide on the Basics. Decide on a time of year or a few dates that you would like to consider. We often find that sometimes venues and vendors are already booked a year in advance. So be flexible with your dates and/or vendors. Pro Tip, keep in mind there is less light during the fall/winter months. So if you are looking for a natural light photographer, like us, then consider the time of day you’ll want your ceremony and pictures to be.
- Money Talks. Talk to whoever is responsible for contributing to your wedding budget. It is important to determine a budget before you start planning. Be realistic, weddings are expensive and most likely the most expensive celebration you will ever host. Fast forward to the next tip…
- Planner, end of story. Hiring a wedding planner goes hand-in-hand with deciding on your budget. Most times it is overlooked because it is an additional expense. We get it. However, planners are experts in the wedding industry that have built relationships with venues and other vendors. They are trained to look at your budget and help make sound financial decisions. They relieve stress from family members and bridal parties when it comes to planning and setting up. They also oversee your vendor team to make sure that everyone is doing what they need to be doing and where they need to be. I could go on and on about this, but I think you get the point. It’s vital for a stress-free wedding day. If a full-service planner is not in your budget, then consider month-of coordination. I promise it is worth every penny.
- Find your dream team. Once you have decided on your budget and hired a planner, work on building your dream team. Florists, photographers, videographers, designers, stylists, beauty, dress/tux, catering, cakes, and more. There are so many amazing people out there. So find your team that matches your aesthetics and vision.
We hope this was helpful! Be sure to check out our blog for weekly tips and updates. If you need any recommendations, feel free to reach out. We love to share all of our favorite people!
Photographer: Renee Hollingshead
Film Lab: The Find Lab